Here are just a few suggestions to help with your flooring decisions.
Your new flooring will last for years, which is great. But...for the same reason, you probably haven't shopped for flooring in years, which makes it a little daunting.
Don't worry. Here are the tips you need. With this information, you can spend all your energy on the fun part: selecting your great new floor.
Questions the sales person will ask you
• How is the room used?
• What is the activity level of the room?
• Is there a door to the outside in the room?
• Do you have indoor pets?
• What are the room's lighting sources?
• What types of furnishings do you have?
• What's the style of the room? Traditional? Contemporary? Rustic?
• What's the feel of the room? Casual? Formal? Somewhere in between?
• Are you living with this new flooring or planning to sell your home?
• What is the size of the room?
• Will people have food in this room? Will kids play in this room? Will kids play with their food in this room?
Questions you should ask the sales person
• Do you charge for an in-home estimate? If so, does it apply to the cost of purchase?
• Does the price include installation?
• If not, what are the charges and procedures for installation?
• What are the strengths of this particular choice versus another?
• Are there guarantees or warranties on the flooring? On the padding? On the installation?
• What features does this flooring have that makes it easy to maintain?
• Can I take a sample home to check how the flooring color will look in the room?
• What kind of padding or underlayment does this flooring require?
• How quickly will my flooring be installed after I place my order?
• If I buy an additional amount, could I minimize the number of seams in my room?
• To have fewer seams, is this carpet available in a 15-foot length?
• Who is responsible for removing and disposing of old carpet and padding? Is there an additional fee for that?
Let Mira Floors and Interiors help take the uncertainty out of shopping for a flooring company! Contact us today and one of our flooring professionals will walk you through the process step by step!